Restoring Life Foundation
|Posted by restoringlifefoundation on January 2, 2012 at 6:05 PM|
Within my church during 2011 the scripture focus had been to “Pursue”, “Overtake” and “Recover All”, taken from 1 Samuel 30, my personal focus was on seeking wisdom from God taken from James 1:5 Amplified Bible (AMP) If any of you is deficient in wisdom, let him ask of the giving God [Who gives] to everyone liberally and ungrudgingly, without reproaching or faultfinding, and it will be given him.
When I prayed for wisdom at the beginning of 2011 l did not expect it to come clothed the way it did. I was looking for some deep meaningful insight into the complexities of life or some new great invention. I expected God to give me a nugget or nuggets of wisdom that would break the glass ceiling I felt was holding me back from progressing at the rate that I desired in my calling and destiny. God has been faithful to me and has revealed to me things particularly about myself that I was not aware of. This has been more than wisdom to me.
The wisdom that I have received was at times painful, but in each and every way necessary. As I continue to pray from an awakened place, I seek the Lord now for continued wisdom and grace to handle what has been revealed and especially for divine insight and truth about my life, relationships, ministry and future.
- As we have left 2011 behind and began 2012, what is God asking you to lay hold of and what is He asking you to let go?
- What lessons have you learnt about yourself, God and others? What are you going to do differently in 2012 as a result of those lessons?
- What internal and external changes have occurred during 2011 that you need to ensure don’t go unnoticed but the lessons learned and fully consolidated into your life?
- What are you doing to maintain the ground you've taken in 2011 and what will you do to ensure that you take further ground in 2012?
- Can you identify what the Lord has done for you in 2011, will you make sometime to thank Him and ask Him to envision you for 2012.
2012 can be your best year yet, if you “Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take ( Proverbs 3:5-6). My desire for you is this - that you will know Christ the risen saviour in a deeper more authentic way during 2012. That like Peter you will step outside the boat looking to Christ “The LORD who will work out his plans for your life (Psalm 138:8 ). Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus (Philippians 1:6).
To all our family, friends, clients and colleagues God Bless you in 2012